Some Republicans in the House and Senate are threatening to hold up a government funding bill unless conservative legislation gets included in it.
Top Democrats don't like this move at all and are calling the Republicans names.
7. Sen. Harry Reid called them "anarchists."
"Because the anarchists have taken over...they’ve taken over the House and now they’ve taken over the Senate. People who don’t believe in government — and that’s what the Tea Party is all about — are winning, and that’s a shame.”
6. Rep. Nancy Pelosi called Republicans "arsonists."
“This is playing with fire...legislative arsonists are at work when they start using the debt limit for their own agenda.”
5. Sen. Amy Klobuchar: Extremist, hostage takers.
"A group of extremists is threatening to hold our government hostage."
4. Sen. Chuck Schumer: From another planet.
"If they think we’re going to back off, they’re wrong, they’re on a different planet.”
2. White House Spokesman Jay Carney: Envious of Putin.
After Boehner released a video stating the President Obama is willing to negotiate with Russia on Syria but not Republicans on the debt the White House spokesman said it showed an “odd bit of Putin-envy...
maybe he can explain that.”
1. VicePresident Joe Biden: Cats.
“This is not your father’s Republican Party. We’re dealing with a different breed of cat as my uncle used to say.”