8 Scientific Reasons Why Having A Female Boss Is The Best
Of course there are wonderful and terrible bosses of both genders, but as surveys still show that workers of both genders prefer a male boss, it might be time to look at the science of female bosses. Spoiler alert: They rule!
1. Some have concluded that women's brains are wired for making connections, listening and remembering, and intuition.
2. Women are great communicators.
3. Women have an eager and attentive approach to learning, starting at a young age.
A study of more than 5,800 students showed that girls perform better in school due to their attentiveness, task persistence, eagerness to learn, learning independence, flexibility, and organization. Those sound like pretty good qualities in any co-worker, especially someone in charge.
4. Women are good with money.
As explained in The Washington Post, a study found single female investors outperformed single men by 2.3%, female investment groups outperformed male counterparts by 4.6%, and women overall outperformed by 1.4%. This is because male investors traded 45% more than female investors, and they made a lot more bad decisions. So who would you trust with decisions about your salary and bonuses?
Another study showed that women are less likely to waste money on aggressive mergers or building empires, giving better value to shareholders than their male equivalents.
5. Women are great at compromising and making fair decisions.
6. Women appreciate the need for "work-life balance."
7. Women are really good at multitasking.
8. Women are amazing leaders.
CORRECTION: A previous version of this list overstated the conclusions of the brain wiring study in item #1. We've added some language to make it more clear that many of the study's conclusions have been questioned.