2018 may have been a bit of a dumpster fire, but it was also ~Twenty-Gay-Teen~ and they can never take that from us.
Here are all the moments we felt overwhelmed (for better or worse) by it all.
And these looks too:
2. Speaking of Cate Blanchett, she wore a crap ton of suits and I just feel it's important to note and appreciate that:
3. This bathroom stop nearly broke the internet, for obvious reasons:
4. Pretty much everything Janelle Monáe did/worked on/released this year, including but not limited to the "Pynk" music video...
Keep going in 2019, Queen. We need you.
6. On that note, remember that time Tessa Thompson came out and said she was down with both men and women?
*Pins to 2019 mood board and prays*
7. Lena Waithe wore the cape of all queer capes on the Met Gala carpet:
8. Two women from The Bachelor: Vietnam ended up choosing each other over the male suitor, and the journey shook us all to our very core:
But they also gave us a clear "couple goals" vision for the coming year:
9. Queer women of color won BIG at midterms, giving everyone a glimmer of joy:
10. Then there was that time Cara Delevigne showed up to a Royal wedding looking just like you did right after you came out to your parents:
11. Hannah Gadsby made everyone stop, think, laugh, and feel with her Netflix special. We will forever be grateful:
12. We will also be forever thankful for that time King Princess and Amandla Stenberg saved Halloween:
15. Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor continued to be Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor. Bless.
16. Way back at the beginning of 2018, Ellen Page tied the knot and gifted us with an entire year of cute married-life photos:
17. All. The. Movies. Were. So. Gay?!
Oh, and an honorable mention to Blake Lively's wardrobe in A Simple Favor:
18. Oh, so were all our favorite television shows. Sandra Oh in Killing Eve was a gift we didn't even realize we had been wanting:
19. As was Jodie Comer:
21. And this entire scene from One Day at a Time was just so pure:
22. Little Tess gave everyone a surprise with her coming out during the midseason finale of This Is Us:
24. And while we *almost* lost Brooklyn Nine-Nine forever, thank goodness we still get to see Rosa's bisexuality storyline move forward in the most amazing ways.
25. K. Stew was cast in the Charlie's Angels reboot — so we already have good things to look forward to.
26. And if you haven't been tuning in to Marvel’s Runaways, you might be a lost cause:
27. And then there was the fact that Assassin's Creed: Odyssey let players be as ~gay as they wanted to be~:
28. And when you weren't feeling overwhelmed by all the queer ladies on your screen, you were listening to all the queer music twenty-gay-teen gifted us.
We can safely say it has been an overwhelming year for queer ladies everywhere and we wouldn't have it any other way. Here's to another in 2019.
Cate Blanchett's name was misspelled in an earlier version of this post.