The wheels are already in motion for Bruce Jenner's coming-out interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer (as first reported by BuzzFeed News in February), and, despite reports to the contrary, the docuseries that has been following the reality TV star's transition will also continue to go forward. A source close to the show, which will air on E!, disputed recent claims that the project is on hold after Jenner was involved in a car accident on the Pacific Coast Highway in which a woman died. The source said that things have been only slightly delayed for the show.
Of course, neither the Sawyer interview nor the E! docuseries has been officially announced yet, so there are no dates for either one. A spokesperson for ABC News did not respond to an email from BuzzFeed News; Jenner's publicist had no comment; and a spokesperson for E! said, "We have not announced a show, as you know, and we continue not to comment." Nevertheless, speculation about both continues in the purveyors of the Kardashian-Jenner narrative — TMZ and RadarOnline — which serve as required ancillary reading material for E!'s Keeping Up With the Kardashians and its various spin-offs. (And there may be even more spin-offs soon: Variety reported last month that Kendall and Kylie Jenner, the popular daughters of Bruce and Kris Jenner, could get their own show at some point. "There have been no discussions about a spinoff series," said the E! spokesperson.)
BuzzFeed News has also confirmed Page Six's recent report that Jenner came out on camera to the Jenner-Kardashian daughters in a January taping of the season finale of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Shortly thereafter, they all tweeted the same photo with Jenner. According to the show's publicist, the 12-episode 10th season of Keeping Up, which premieres on Sunday night, is scheduled to conclude on May 31.