BuzzFeed News

Reporting To You

news

A Witness To The Police Shooting Of Michael Brown Live-Tweeted The Entire Event

"I JUST SAW SOMEONE DIE OMFG"

Posted on August 15, 2014, at 7:41 p.m. ET

Michael Brown's mother Lesley McSpadden and other mourners Aug. 9.
AP Photo/St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Huy Mach

Michael Brown's mother Lesley McSpadden and other mourners Aug. 9.

Twitter user @TheePharoah — who identifies as a St. Louis area rapper — live-tweeted the police killing of Michael Brown on Saturday.

Minutes later, he tweeted this picture with the caption "Fuckfuck fuck," then replied to another Twitter user that Brown "was running" when he was shot.

@_amourlace no reason! He was running!

When another Twitter user asked about the photo, @TheePharoah said police shot Brown seven times, including twice in the back.

@TheePharoah nah u gone be cool, u just ain't gone forget that, so the boys shot him?

DIGITAL ERA@SLIKK_DARKO

10:59 AM - 09 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

@SLIKK_DARKO yeah man. 7 times i think

@SLIKK_DARKO the first two was, the next 5 werent, he turned around

@SLIKK_DARKO the first two was, the next 5 werent, he turned around

11:01 AM - 09 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

He then continued tweeting about the shooting.

Bruh omfg this shit just happened! I was just outside.

Bruh.@TheePharoah

Bruh omfg this shit just happened! I was just outside.

10:05 AM - 09 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Its blood all over the street, niggas protesting nshit. There is police tape all over my building. I am stuck in here omg

10:06 AM - 09 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Im over the initial shock, but gahdamn

Just got told to stay inside. Scene will be clear hopefully in a couple hours.

Bruh.@TheePharoah

Just got told to stay inside. Scene will be clear hopefully in a couple hours.

1:40 PM - 09 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

As the day went on, @TheePharoah began tweeting about the gathering mourners and the growing police presence.

Bruh they chanting we gon.be on.the news smh

Bruh they chanting we gon.be on.the news smh

10:41 AM - 09 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

The dead dude dad out.here tripping

They got the whole ferguson department AND county brown on my street

They got the whole ferguson department AND county brown on my street

12:30 PM - 09 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

The street clean nshit. They doing a big ass prayer right now.

Bruh.@TheePharoah

The street clean nshit. They doing a big ass prayer right now.

5:12 PM - 09 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

He also tweeted about the unrest that engulfed the neighborhood during the following days.

Smoke and gas coming down Canfield... making it hard to breathe.

Bruh.@TheePharoah

Smoke and gas coming down Canfield... making it hard to breathe.

7:35 PM - 13 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Coughs and sneezes from all directions. I got a headache nshit. Gunshots ringing.

7:35 PM - 13 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Its crazy that this is happening in my city, my neighborhood, my street. Its too much to take in. #Ferguson

8:05 PM - 13 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Eventually, @TheePharoah pulled back, resisting the increased notoriety his tweets had garnered.

Fuck being twitter famous, this fucking with my life.

Bruh.@TheePharoah

Fuck being twitter famous, this fucking with my life.

11:01 PM - 10 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Dear media, please dont ask me questions. I will tell you i know nothing.

Bruh.@TheePharoah

Dear media, please dont ask me questions. I will tell you i know nothing.

3:47 PM - 14 Aug 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

BuzzFeed attempted to reach @TheePharoah on Friday, but did not receive a response.