BuzzFeed News

Reporting To You

world

This 16-Year-Old Girl Is Live-Tweeting Gaza Under Attack

"I might die tonight."

Posted on July 28, 2014, at 11:37 p.m. ET

A 16-year-old girl living in Gaza is apparently using social media to document bombings near her home.

Although the posts aren't geotagged, they appear to be legitimate.

This is in my area. I can't stop crying. I might die tonight #Gaza #GazaUnderAttack #ICC4Israel #AJAGAZA

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

7:59 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Farah Baker has been tweeting and blogging about her life in Gaza since 2012, but has gained thousands of followers overnight as she live-tweeted Israel's most recent attack on Gaza.

We are sitting in darkness bc th power is off, flares r lightening up th area just like it's midday,we're just hearin bombs,drones,f16s#Gaza

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

8:07 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Farah wrote of her and her little sister's terror at the sound of the nearby bombs.

I AM CRYING AND CAN'T STAND BOMBS SOUND! I'M ABOUT TO LOSE SENSE OF HEARING #Gaza #AJAGAZA #GazaUnderAttack #ICC4Israel

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

8:14 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Whenever my 6 yrs old sis hear the rocket falling she covers her ears and shout while crying in order not to hear the bomb #Gaza #AJAGAZA

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

8:16 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Farah's sister.

She also posted several Vines that revealed what she was seeing and hearing.

Another HORRIBLE SHELL 2:11am #Gaza

Okay. The 8163662 bomb I could hear today! This is UNBELIEVABLE!! #Gaza 2:13am

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

Okay. The 8163662 bomb I could hear today! This is UNBELIEVABLE!! #Gaza 2:13am

9:16 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

3:04am it should be too dark but as u can see flares turned darkness into light #Gaza

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

10:05 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Farah wrote that she's already lived through three wars, but that this has been the worst.

I'm 16yrs old and have witnessed 3 wars, as I see, this is the hardest one #Gaza #GazaUnderAttack #GazaUnderFire #AJAGAZA #ICC4Israel

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

8:55 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

People on Twitter have been sending their support.

@Farah_Gazan thinking of you and hoping you will be safe. I'm so sorry.

Shane Bazzi@shanebazzi

@Farah_Gazan thinking of you and hoping you will be safe. I'm so sorry.

8:57 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

I cannot imagine having the bravery or mental capacity, at just 16, to do what @Farah_Gazan is showing the world tonight. It's unfathomable.

Sin Burke@minniemelange

9:37 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

@Farah_Gazan I wish so bad that this horror would stop. It is insane. People around the world feel love for you and others.

Daniel X@veganmutiny

1:13 PM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

@MichaelSkolnik @Farah_Gazan Stay strong girl. The world provides you strength.!!

Keith@shiguy79

1:10 PM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

@farah_gazan god bless you guys and please, stay strong. i don't know what to say… if there's something i can do for you just let me know.

marcia@collateralveins

1:09 PM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Reading @Farah_Gazan's tweets and thinking about the first time I read Anne Frank's diary

Asher Wolf@Asher_Wolf

12:30 PM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

When questioned about why she was staying in her house, Farah revealed she couldn't leave.

@waltygm trust me I cant move. They'll bomb me if I step the street

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

@waltygm trust me I cant move. They'll bomb me if I step the street

9:12 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Not only my area is suffering of this night, all parts of #Gaza strip are hearing bombs and seeing flares, this is y we've no shelters

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

11:00 AM - 29 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

The 16-year-old has been posting regular updates about the conflict in Gaza over the last few weeks, and has made no secret of her apparent support for Hamas.

@AzulayRomond Hamas does it's best to defend us. It throws rockets to Israel

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

@AzulayRomond Hamas does it's best to defend us. It throws rockets to Israel

12:22 PM - 25 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Qassam resistance just thrown a rocket to Israel. Allahu Akbar :D pray for them

Guess what@Farah_Gazan

Qassam resistance just thrown a rocket to Israel. Allahu Akbar :D pray for them

1:33 AM - 11 Jul 14ReplyRetweetFavorite

Her last tweet was at 9.06pm (ET)/11.06am (AEST). BuzzFeed has reached out to Farah for comment.

Farah has now tweeted "I AM ALIVE!!".