Welp, 2016 has been a stressful, depressing year for many of us, and 2017 doesn't look like it's going to be much better. In fact it will likely be worse! That said, books are still going to be written. Movies and TV shows are going to be produced. Songs will be sung. In other words: Culture will go on. So we wondered what some of the biggest names in culture are looking forward to in the coming year. Turns out, quite a lot.
4. Jake Fogelnest, comedian and TV writer
6. Rachel Sanders, senior editor, BuzzFeed News
8. Bim Adewunmi, senior writer, BuzzFeed Reader
14. Dodai Stewart, editor-in-chief, Fusion
16. Tomi Obaro, culture editor, BuzzFeed Reader
24. Scaachi Koul, writer, BuzzFeed Reader and author of One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter
29. Wendy MacNaughton, illustrator and graphic journalist
"At risk of sounding super sincere (which I am) and overly earnest (yes, that, too), I look forward to all the thought-challenging, mind-opening, humanity-reinforcing art, writing, design, poetry, plays, films, and performances that will be created in response to the turn this country has taken, not to mention the state of the world in general, and our place in it. Something that keeps me feeling hopeful in the face of 2017 and the upcoming four years is thinking of the inspiring, subversive ways artists and writers will continue to work together to speak truth to power, and the incredible support people are offering these projects right now. The mettle of the creative community — and by that I mean everyone remotely connected to any culture-creating-promoting-celebrating endeavor — could soon get tested at a level we haven’t in some time. I look forward to seeing what we’re made of — and what we make."