Hey, '90s friend! It's me, your internet pal from the future.
I've come to share some recent news from our time that I think will make you say "WOW" in a pretty funky '90s way.
It's true! O.J. Simpson went to jail for nine years. He was imprisoned for robbery and definitely not for murdering two people.
Cuba Gooding Jr. recently played him on TV. He's a big actor in your time, right?
2. That famous evangelical neurosurgeon is pledging to fight homelessness because he's now 100% the head of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
What in Dr. Ben Carson's storied background made him a suitable pick to serve as HUD Secretary, you ask?
Cuba Gooding Jr. also played him one time. But I feel like these repeated references to Cuba Gooding Jr. may be misleading you about the overall success of his career.
3. Parents have told police that R. Kelly is allegedly holding their adult daughters captive in his houses as part of a sex "cult."
Oh, yeah, also, he's a senator now.
5. They made a TV show about those fantasy novels that first came out in 1996. The show just came back on air and it's really, really fucking good.
But, lol, he still hasn't finished the novels.
Oh, also, he looks like this now — and he's worth a gazillion dollars and owns the Washington Post. Bless up!
7. Because everything from the '90s is making a resurgence, we're basically in the middle of a new Cold War with Russia!
It's this whole thing. Basically Russia got mad powerful again, and now they try to influence our elections using hacking, trolls, and alt-right memes of frogs, which are all things that will make sense to you one day, and then you'll wish they didn't.
Some people in the White House — the freaking White House — reportedly want him to run. And no, he's never cut that hair.
11. And lastly, remember the guy who made that cameo in Home Alone 2?
He's the president now.
Good luck! Enjoy your life!