Bill Cosby will not "dignify" rape allegations made against him by several women with a response, according to the comedian's lawyer.
"Over the last several weeks, decade-old, discredited allegations against Mr. Cosby have resurfaced," the star's lawyer, John P. Schmitt said in a statement posted online.
"The fact that they are being repeated does not make them true. Mr. Cosby does not intend to dignify these allegations with any comment," Schmitt said.
The veteran comedian has been at the center of controversy in recent weeks, after rape allegations against him resurfaced publicly after a clip of stand-up comic Hannibal Buress calling Cosby a rapist went viral.
Since then, two of Cosby's television appearances have been cancelled.
On Saturday, Cosby refused to answer questions about the allegations in an interview on NPR, remaining silent as host Scott Simon asked if he had any response to the charges.
In the statement, Schmitt thanked Cosby's fans on the star's behalf: "He would like to thank all his fans for the outpouring of support and assure them that, at age 77, he is doing his best work," Schmitt said.
"There will be no further statement from Mr. Cosby or any of his representatives," the statement concluded.