We've all seen Chris Evans before, yes?
So we invited Chris Evans, aka Captain America, onto our podcast, Thirst Aid Kit, to have a chat about, well, a lot of things. Here are some of the highlights of our conversation.
1. It takes about three weeks to a month to grow that Cap beard — and get this, he uses nothing on the beard, not even juices and berries. "I've had multiple people try to push some sort of a beard oil on me...Who is lubin' up their beard?" he asked incredulously. 😶
2. You know what Chris will not miss when he hangs up the vibranium shield? That Cap gym routine. He's 36, you know, and just wants to veg out a little.
3. Chris thinks he's a dork and then got self-conscious about saying so. "Ugh," he said. "God, everybody says they're a dork, that's such a stupid thing to say."
4. Chris says he has no idea what fan fiction is (!). So we told him, and he was interested in some slash fic starring Cap — and Hulk. "Wow, that sounds like it could get...kind of rough." 👀
5. Growing up, Tom Cruise was the ultimate movie star — Chris even modeled his idea of movie masculinity on him. Even now, as a bona fide film star himself, Chris still thinks Tom is pretty special.
6. We asked Chris when we might get to see him on screen with a love interest that was a person of color. "I'm gonna make some phone calls," he said. Brb, writing a screenplay!
7. He's looking forward to playing a "vile character" when he takes up the role of Bill in a Broadway revival of Kenneth Lonergan's Lobby Hero this spring.
You can listen to the entire episode of Thirst Aid Kit right here.
How to listen to Thirst Aid Kit:
1. If you’re on a mobile device, click this link to open it in your native podcasting app.
3. Be sure to subscribe, so you never miss a new episode!