Skip To Content

Advertisement

BuzzFeed News

An MMA Fighter Live-Tweeted His Standoff With The SWAT Team

The Orange County Sheriff's Department said it was attempting to serve an arrest warrant at the home of Jason "Mayhem" Miller in Mission Viejo, California. Update: He surrendered around 2:15 p.m. Pacific Time.

MMA fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller barricaded himself inside his Orange County, California, home Thursday as deputies attempted to serve an arrest warrant.

Mixed martial artist Jason "Mayhem" Miller arrives at the third annual Fighters Only World Mixed Martial Arts Awards 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Getty Images/Ethan Miller

Lt. Jeff Hallock of the Orange County Sheriff's Department said Miller was wanted on suspicion of domestic violence and stalking. Deputies did not believe anyone else was inside the home.

After two hours, Miller remained inside the home as SWAT team and negotiators responded. Hallock said it was unclear if he had any type of weapon.

"We don't know and that's why we have to proceed with caution," Hallock said.

In addition to his fighting career, Miller hosted Bully Beatdown, a reality show on MTV, and also appeared as a coach on The Ultimate Fighter.

The 33-year-old began tweeting from inside the home as the law enforcement response grew outside.

Advertisement

Advertisement

He denied committing any crime and blamed his circumstances on the woman he had been involved with.

Advertisement

He was arrested on two felony counts of domestic violence, stalking, and violating a protective order in 2013. He was released on $350,000 bond and pleaded not guilty to the charges in July.

Advertisement

Advertisement

As of 1:15 p.m. Pacific Time, Miller remained barricaded in the home, Hallock said, and deputies were working on talking with him for a peaceful resolution.

Advertisement

Advertisement

The law enforcement response prompted Miller, who is white, to say he understands injustice faced by black men.

Advertisement

He surrendered around 2:15 p.m. Pacific Time, after a roughly four-hour standoff.

Advertisement

He was arrested on suspicion of obstruction a peace officer as well as the arrest warrant and held on $200,000 bond.

Orange County Sheriff's Department

He's scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday.

Advertisement

Comments
Unable to load comments. Try reloading this page or viewing the full site. Pop out
Show more Expand